Krakow and Zakopane – guided bicycle tour
Sunning landscape of the Tatra Mountains is worth of every cycled mile on this tour. There are easy parts and downhills but also you need to challenge yourself while climbing by bike to the best viewpoint. Breathtaking view, the best pictures you have ever taken and recognition from your friends are guaranteed. Add visits to the World Heritage sites of Malopolska and you have your dreamt vacation come true. Join us for the tour.
- Arrival in Krakow, transfer to your hotel
- Afternoon: half-day walking tour of Krakow featuring Market Square with St. Mary’s Church and Cloth Hall, Royal Route leading up to the Wawel Hill and the Royal Cathedral
- Overnight in Krakow
Krakow – Trzebinia – Tenczyn – Krakow
- Morning: transfer to Trzebinia and first biking stretch through Dulowska Forest; the route leads up to the ruins of the castle in Tenczyn. The only challenging part is the 0,5 km of uphill ride to Tenczyn Castle.
- Afternoon: picnic by the 14th century remains of the defensive castle; after we continue warm-up biking back to Krakow for overnight
- Day activity: approx. 30 km by bike including 0,5 km uphill
Krakow – Chocholowska Valley – Zakopane
- Morning: bus transfer to Zab village where we get on our bikes and cycle along the rim of the Gubalowka Hill. Enjoy the beautiful panorama of the Tatra Mountains; while biking down the hill to Chocholowska Valley watch out for herds of sheep.
- Afternoon: enjoy a picnic style lunch that includes “oscypek” a smoked sheep’s cheese typical for this region. We continue our tour hiking along the valley.
- Late afternoon: transfer to hotel in Zakopane for overnight
- Day activity: approx. 15 km by bike (only downhill), approx. 3,5-hour hike
Zakopane and the High Tatras
- Morning: Zakopane walking tour features wooden architecture typical for the area. Krupowki street takes us to Gubalowka funicular station. We take a ride up to the hill where our bikes wait for us; biking trail takes us through Dzianisz village to Chocholow open-air museum. The steep parts may be challenging, but the reward is a tasty lunch at a local restaurant.
- Afternoon: visit to local craft shops and continue biking through small charming villages
Overnight in Zakopane
- Day activity: 40 km by bike (250 meters uphill, the rest flat or downhill)
Zakopane – Niedzica
- Morning: transfer to Bukowina Tatrzanska where we take off on our bikes for the route leading through small, picturesque villages. We pass Zips areas where people speak a mixture of Polish and Slovak languages. Picnic break is over Bialka River.
- Afternoon: we continue along man-made Czorsztynskie lake and arrive in Niedzica
Overnight at B&B in Niedzica
- Day activity: approx. 40 km by bike (3 uphill stretches of 200 meters, 350 meters and 2 km, rest downhill)
Niedzica – Debno – Sromowce – Szczawnica
- Morning: transfer to Lapsze Wyzne Pass, a viewpoint for the splendid panorama of the Tatra Mountains. Next, we bike along Czorsztynskie Lake to Debno, where we visit the oldest wooden church beautiful decorated.
- Afternoon: transfer to Sromowce for a white-water raft on the Dunajec River. Get ready for the breathtaking view.
Overnight in Szczawnica
- Day activity: approx. 38 km by bike (one uphill stretch of 600 meters, the rest down the hill), 2,5-hour raft
Szczawnica – Slovakia – Szczawnica
- Morning: bus transfer toward Czorsztyn to get on our bikes. We cycle through Kacwin, pass Poland-Slovakia border and continue to the village of Vel`ka Frankowa and next to Cerveny Klastor. We take a brief break at the impressive Trzy Korony/Three Crowns mount.
- Challenge yourself with next stretch which takes us along narrow cycling path carved in the rocks. It leads to Dunajec River and back to Szczawnica in Poland.
- In the evening we enjoy a barbecue.
- Overnight in Szczawnica
- Day activity: approx. 35 km by bike
Szczawnica – Wieliczka – Krakow
- Morning: transfer to Wieliczka Salt Mine–guided tour of exceptional mine and UNESCO World Heritage
- Afternoon: transfer to Krakow and rest of the day at leisure
- Farewell dinner at a local restaurant
- Accommodation in Krakow
Farewell to Krakow
- Departure for your next destination