A day with Chopin in Warsaw
Chopin's Monument - Lazienki Park - Warsaw
Frederic Chopin is one of the most famous Varsovians. It was in Warsaw that he studied music, made friends, expanded his knowledge, experienced his first love and gave his first concerts. Warsaw is the city where one of the oldest music competitions in the world, the International Chopin Piano Competition takes place every 5 years. Let’s explore and feel the atmosphere of classical music.
- Meet with a local guide at the hotel for a full-day tour of places related to Chopin’s life.
- Morning: we start from SS Wizytki Church at Krakowskie Przedmiescie Street where Frederic played his first public concert, next we continue along beautiful Royal Route to Czapski Palace. Hi and his family lived there during his childhood and education period. Today the building houses Academy of the Fine Arts. We are just a few steps from the Holy Cross Church. All Chopin’s music lovers stop at the church to pay respect to his heart, which is entombed in one of the walls.
- The tour takes us to Ostrogski Palace. It houses the most extensive and unique collection of items related to Frederic’s life. The museum, using modern technology, allows us to experience Chopin’s music in fresh way.
- Afternoon: we continue to Lazienki Park, one of the most splendid in Warsaw. Famous Chopin’s Monument is an eminent part of the park. We stop there to admire this enchanting place.
- Royal Lazienki is ideal for an afternoon walk, enjoy the rest of the day here or discover other parts of Warsaw
- Tours on Saturdays and Sundays between May and September may include time for listening to an open-air public concert of Chopin music in Lazienki Park
- The sequence of stops and activities may change to make the tour the most rewarding experience